EMV Chip Swap™ Procedure
“No Heat” Mechanical Extraction
V3.0 EMV Chip Swap™ Procedure (Press Release)
The EMV chip from the original plastic card is extracted and implanted to the new metal card; old plastic card is rendered obsolete. The new metal card is 100% functional by inserting the chip or swiping the magnetic stripe. RFID/Contactless feature is disabled during the transplant. This procedure is available to clients worldwide.
**Transplant/chip swap procedure partially functional with some card types (see list below)
- Plastic AE Clear Every day Cash, Green, Purple and Gold Express cards are 98% successful with this procedure (small & large chip)
- Plastic Discover Cards are 98% successful with this procedure (small & large chip)
- Plastic Visa & MC are 98.5% successful with this procedure (small & large chip)
- Magnetic stripe on original plastic card will still be functional. New metal card magnetic stripe will be 100% fully functional
- All Semi-metallic cards are 98% successful with this procedure (small & large chip) i.e Sapphire CSP, Amazon metallic credit card, Semi-metallic Platinum or Gold Express cards; Wells Fargo Propel red metallic card, etc. If a semi-metallic card is sent in for production the laboratory will perform the transplant procedure, but the client is reminded of the risk of failure. Meaning 2 out every 100 semi-metallic cards fail the chip swap procedure. Those cards that PASS the procedure, the chip will function on the new metal card, but the contactless feature is disabled.
**RFID/Touch Pass/PayWave Cards (plastic & semi-metallic)
This feature is fully disabled during the EMV Chip Swap™ procedure. It will not transfer over to the new metal card. If you card shows the logo for RFID or contactless pay (see image below) then that function will disabled on the new metal card.
Pricing: $64.99 USD (EMV Chip Swap™ price)
Warranty: Standard Warranty Applies (see Warranties). Extended Protection plan now available.
Small Chip & Large Chip verification: Beta EMV Chip Swap procedure currently services both Small 6 contact point EMV chip types & Large Square (not round) 8 contact point EMV chip types. (See photos below for size reference)
Large EMV Chip Types
The following Large EMV Chip types can be processed by MCC; with exception for the large round international chip types. Large chips are 13 mm by 12 mm approximately.
EMV Chip Swap™ Disclaimers:
**due the sensitive nature of the chip construction. There is a low possibility of Chip Damage occurring during the EMV Chip Swap procedure.
**In the off chance of a client’s original EMV chip is damaged during the swap procedure, the client will be notified and asked to request a replacement card from their financial institution/cc company. This will delay the production process.
**EMV Chip Swap™ procedure overall average is 98.8% Successful, but in the off chance that the chip does not function when a client attempts a transaction; the registers EMV Bypass protocol will take effect; forcing the client to SWIPE the card; thus allowing the client to complete a transaction.
**RFID Contactless Touch Pass/ PayWave Cards are identified by the PayWave Logo seen in the example above. If your plastic card has this logo (see image above) printed on it, be aware those types of cards will have contactless feature completely disabled.
**The laboratory at MCC is perfecting the procedure daily. Rest assured our laboratory techs will apply great care to the construction of your New Metal Credit/Debit Card.
All EMV Chip Swap™ Procedure sales are Final – once the procedure is performed; the original plastic card can not be salvaged.